Sunday, January 8, 2012

January. 20012 - The Shiny Green Nail Polish Perspective!


                                                            I’m buying a house,
                                           Moving into it,
                            And wearing shiny green nail polish.

Okeedokee!

I’ve never bought a house before. It is a surreal experience for me. It has no reference point in my psyche.  In the midst of this process, I suddenly  felt a compelling need to paint my finger nails Green!

I have painted them Green.

I look at the shiny green nails and I Love them. Everything is in a ‘shiny-green-fingernail-polish,’ perspective now! It somehow helps me feel up to the otherwise overwhelming reality of my transition. Even when I’m not looking at them, I feel the polish on them and catch faint flashes of Spring Green from various corners of my eyes, and my Spirits lift!
                The Shiny Green Fingernail Polish Perspective.
                                             YES!
 
It seems appropriate that this ending of an old way of life and the beginning of a new one should take place in January. It makes everything metaphysically tidy! This month is about Beginnings. It is also about Endings, since you can’t have one without the other. Here are some thoughts about Beginnings and Endings:

“Every new beginning comes from some other beginning’s end.”
Seneca  

      
“The beginnings and endings of all human undertakings are untidy.
John Galsworthy

 
          
I am most reassured by the above quote! I am stunned by the untidiness of everything in my world right now! Physically, psychically, emotionally!  The idea that it all might lead to a state that is clearer, tidier and more conducive to forward movement is what keeps me going, taking one wobbly, untidy step after another! That and my shiny green nail polish!

 
"Do not wait until the conditions are perfect to begin.
Beginning makes the conditions perfect."
~Alan Cohen~

           
Once again . . . . .Okeedokee!
Notice the Shiny Green inner tube?!
And . . . . . 

"The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek."
~Joseph Campbell~

 
Not so much about beginning, maybe, except in the, one-foot-in-front-of-the-other, proceed in the face of not-knowing-the-outcome sense.
Where’s my green nail polish?!

 
“Vitality shows in not only the ability to persist
but the ability to start over.”
~F. Scott Fitzgerald~
 
              
And . . . .

"All great deeds and all great thoughts have a ridiculous beginning."
~Albert Camus~



(Notice the Shiny Green!)





And still more reassuring . . . . . 

“Once we’re thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost, but it’s only here that the new and the good begins. “
Leo Tolstoy

 
Aah! The blessing and gift of fairy tales!
But that’s a whole other blog!

May you have courage through your endings, know that they are truly beginnings, and if all else fails . . . . . . get some Shiny Green Nail Polish!
 

1 comment:

  1. Love it, thank you! New beginnings, new ends...
    Susan

    ReplyDelete